On rotation basis, the 17 National Law Universities conducts a national level law admission test. It is known as Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). This examination is organized to get admission into undergraduate & postgraduate programmes in the field of law. Candidates who are giving CLAT 2017 should fill the application form correctly.
Common Law Admission Test is a national level entrance examination which is conducted every year to provide admission in UG and PG Law courses. Examination gets conducted for the duration of 2 hours. In this exam multiple type questions based on General Knowledge, Math, English and Legal & Logical Reasoning are asked. Please have a look on complete and relevant details about CLAT 2017 Online Application Form.
Important events Dates
Beginning of CLAT 2017 application form submission: 01 Jan 2017
Last date to submit online form : 31 March 2017
Date of exam : 14 May 2017
This year the CLAT Application Fee is same as last year. Fee amount for each category is as follows.
Category Application Fee
SC/ST Rs 3500
General / OBC /Specially abled persons (SAP) Rs 4000
It is hereby clarified that in conformity with the Judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and the resolution No. BCI:D:1519(LE: Cir)-6 dated 17 Sep 2016 of the Bar Council of India the Core Committee CLAT 2017 has restored the upper age limit for CLAT 2017 as follows:-
The candidates to be eligible to appear in CLAT 2017
- should be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1 Jul 2017 for candidates belonging to unreserved categories and
- should be below Twenty Two (22) Years of age as on 1 Jul 2017 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Specially Ablest Persons (SAP/P/VD) categories
Procedure for filling up the Application Form for CLAT 2017
- You can submit application form for CLAT 2017 online only.
- In order to apply for Common Law Admission Test, access CLAT online form at official website www.clat.ac.in. In the first place, you will register by creating a LOGIN account; use a valid e-mail ID for registration. Next, you will get login ID and password by email and SMS.
- CNLU is releasing application form on 01st January 2017. All interested candidates can fill up entries in application form and save the same before finally submitting it. There is no need to send hard copy of filled in CLAT 2017 online application form to the CLAT Office.
- It is important to realize that before hitting submit, applicant should check that all data in application form is correct and also that data matches official documents.
- If you have any confusion or seek information regarding CLAT 2017 or NLU Admission 2017, you can check official websites of NLUs and information brochure there.
- One of the steps in CLAT online form 2017 is upload of self-attested scanned copies of relevant certificates. Hence, gather relevant documents and scan them before filling up form.
How to Fill Application Form
The candidates have to follow the given steps for filling the application form:
Step 1- Register Online on Official Website.
Step 2- Login to application form.
Step 3- Print confirmation page.
CLAT 2017 Application Form is to be submitted online. Documents you may require while filling up the form are as follows.
- Signature: Also scanned in image format, of specific size and dimension.
- Date of birth Proof: Such as Birth certificate, X standard certificate or Passport.
- Category / PwD Certificate / State Domicile
- Qualifying exam certificate: For UG Programme, you will need scanned copy of qualifying Exam for the proof of XII standard mark sheet / certificate for passing candidate. For PG Programme upload scanned copy of qualifying Exam for the proof of LLB / a five year integrated LLB / any other equivalent degree mark sheet / certificate for passing candidate.
- Photograph: Scanned in image format, of specific dimension and size between.
Step- 1: Register Online
• Visit the official site.
• Click on the tab “Apply Online“.
• Register yourself with required details.
• The candidates have to register online by filling the following details:
- Name of the Candidate (as it appears in X class certificate).
- Email I.D. which can be accessed by the candidate frequently.
- The candidates have to give his/her personal mobile number as most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- Click on submit button.
• A new page will appear on the screen.
• Collect your user ID and password through your registered mail ID.
Step- 2: Login to Application Form
• The candidates have to login with their user ID and password.
• Click on submit button.
Step 2.1: Go to Application Form
• Read all the entries carefully.
• Click on the “go to application form” button
Step 2.2: Enter Personal Details.
• The candidates have to login their application form with their user ID and password.
• The candidates have to fill all the details which are asked in the application form such as:
• They have to fill their personal details category/gender, address etc.
• Click on save and continue.
Step 2.2: Enter Qualification Details
• Enter grading mechanism.
• Enter year of qualifying exam passing or appearing.
• Enter board or university name.
• Click on save & continue.
Step 2.3: Choose Preferences for NLUs
• Choose the NLUs as per your preference.
• Click on save and continue.
Step 2.4: Uploading Documents
This step will contain the procedure to upload the image and other documents. Before filling the application form the candidates need to collect all the necessary documents.
• The photograph should be a recent passport size with name and date.
• Photograph should be colored with clear background (prefer white/blue background).
• It should be a scanned image in jpg or jpeg format.
• The size of the photograph should be 3.5x 4.5 width and height.
• The file size should be more than 5KB and less than 100 KB.
• Signature should be done only by the candidate as it may be checked any time.
• Signature will be accepted in white page only.
• Take the white sheet and mark the box size of 7cm x 2cm.
• Sign inside the box.
• Scanned image in jpeg/jpg format.
• Crop only box area.
Step 2.4:Pay Application Fee
Here we are discussing how to remit the application fee:
• Click on the link ‘pay exam fee’.
• Select the payment mode, i.e. debit/credit card or net banking.
If a candidate chooses to pay through online payment mode, then he/she will be able to make the payment using his/her net banking account by debit card or credit card.
A new window will open which shows you the message that you have successfully submitted the online application form and also paid the CLAT fees.
Step- 3: Print Confirmation Page
• Click on the link ‘Click here to take print out of confirmation page’.
• The confirmation page will be open on the screen.
• The candidates can take print out of the confirmation page for future use.