AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) is the national level entrance examination for the students whose desire is to pursue studies in the colleges/institutions affiliated by the NLU (National Law University). NLU is the main authority who is responsible for conducting the AILET entrance exam every year. This exam is the key for the candidates to unlock the colleges he/she really wants for different courses offered by the University.
Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur and Varanasi.
The candidates who fulfill all the requirements of the AILET entrance test are only applicable for the examination. Here you can get the overall details of the eligibility criteria for different courses so before applying must have a view of it.
For B.A., LLB (Hons.) Course
- The age of the GEN/OBC candidates should not be more than 21 years as on 1st July, 2017 and for those SC/ST/ it will be 23 years.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying examination can also apply for the AILET 2016 examination, but at the time of admission they have to show their passing certificate required compulsory during the admission procedure.
- The candidates must have passed their 12th from the recognized university/board with 50% marks.
- And the candidates belonging from foreign national should have an aggregate of 65% marks in 10+2 examination. It is not required for NRI candidates to apply for the AILET test as they can take direct admission if an eligibility criterion is satisfied.
- It is mandatory for the GEN/OBC candidates to secure 40% marks in AILET exam for the admission procedure (30% in case of SC/ST).
For LLM Course
- The candidates must have the minimum of 55% marks in LLB or in its equivalent degree for GEN/OBC candidates (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- The foreign national candidates should have an aggregate of 55% marks in qualifying degree for the admission and further called for personal interview in order to check their communication skill in English.
For Ph.D Course
The candidates who fulfill either one of this eligibility will be permitted for the admission in doctoral course.
- The applying candidate must have a master degree in law from recognized university with percentage criteria of at least 55% for unreserved category and 50% marks for reserved category candidates. OR
- The applicants must possess the degree in law and master degree with M.Phill in social science or humanities for the admission in Ph.D program. OR
- The candidate owning the degree of Lam and Ph.D in any stream is also eligible for doctoral course from NLU. OR
- If the candidate has the experience of 3 years of judge in any high court and Supreme Court of India then he/she will be eligible.
AILET 2016 Application Fee
For GEN/OBC category candidates: Rs. 3000/-.
For Persons with Disabilities: Rs. 2000/-.
For SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 1000/-.
The candidates belonging from SC/ST category and are below poverty line need not to pay any application fee. The application form is free of cost for them.
Mode of Payment: Use either the online net banking/credit/debit card for the payment of AILET entrance exam or deposit cash of above prescribed fee at your nearby Post Office.
Pattern of AILET (Under-graduate Programme)
|Number of multiple-choice questions of one mark each||150|
|Duration of Examination||90 minutes|
|Subject areas with Weightage|
|English including Comprehension||35 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||35 Marks|
Note: There shall be a system of Negative Marking wherein 0.25 marks will be deducted for each of the wrong answer.
The AILET entrance exam for postgraduate course will consist of 100 objective type questions and one essay of 50 marks; total marks for the exam will be 150. The objective type question is from the areas of Law of contracts, law of torts, criminal law, constitutional law and legal theory. The time duration again will be 90 minutes.
- Online Application form available from – January, 2017.
- Last date of submission of AILET application form – first week of Februray.
- Date of AILET entrance examination – May 2017
AILET 2018 will be conducted in May 2018
Are you interested in getting the best coaching for AILET?
Join our hugely successful Online/Postal Course for cracking AILET
To find out more click below!