Our flagship offering at ExamVictor.com is a full-length MBA Entrance Exam preparation course. We pride ourselves in the quality of our content and superiority of our faculty. Each and every piece of content is personally created and vetted by Vivek, an IIT Bombay and IIM Ahmedabad grad.
Sign up now and experience the difference!
MAT stands for the Management Aptitude Test. It is a National Entrance Test conducted by All India Management Aptitude Testing Service (AIMATS), for admission to MBA and equivalent programmes of the various participating institutes. AIMA-MAT is usually conducted 4 times a year: generally on the first Sunday of February, May, September and December. The list of institutes that use the AIMA-MAT results varies from test to test.
It is conducted in both online (computer-based) and paper-and-pen formats.
We regularly blog about various topics related to CAT, MAT and other competitive exams. You can see our posts here: http://examvictor.com/blog/
As you know, MAT is conducted 4 times a year – in February, May, September and December.
- You need to have a Graduation degree (minimum 3 years duration) in any discipline from any recognized University or Institute
- If you’re in the final year of a recognized Graduate Course and your result will be declared before commencement of admissions for the academic year then you are also eligible to apply
Pattern of the Question Paper
- The exam is conducted both offline and online i.e. paper-pen and computer-based
- Students can choose which mode of test they wish to write
- The exam is for 2.5 hours (150 minutes) duration
- There will be a total of 200 questions, in 5 sections, as given below:
- Language Comprehension – 40 questions
- Mathematical Skills – 40 questions
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency – 40 questions
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning – 40 questions
- Indian and Global Environment – 40 questions
Sign Up Free!
Like most Aptitude Tests, the MAT syllabus is not defined. Overall, it can be classified as being easier than CAT or XAT.
The application procedure has to be completed online on the MAT website https://www.aima.in/testing-services/mat/mat.html
A huge number of universities that conduct an MBA course accept MAT scores. This means there are hundreds of colleges all over the country where a MAT score is accepted. However, note that simply possessing a MAT score does not guarantee admission, as each college or university may set its own specific admission requirements.
More than 3 lakh candidates cumulatively take the test every year.
Sign Up Free!