Overview of XAT Exam
We offer a full-length CAT and XAT preparation course. We pride ourselves in the quality of our content and superiority of our faculty. Each and every piece of content is personally created and vetted by Vivek, an IIT Bombay and IIM Ahmedabad grad.
Sign up now and experience the difference!
The Xavier Aptitude Test is an all-India test conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) as an entrance exam for admission to the post graduate programs in management courses of several management institutes all over India.
It continues to remain a pen-and-paper test. You can see the official XAT website here
We regularly blog about various topics related to CAT and other competitive exams. You can see our posts here: http://examvictor.com/blog
XAT 2017 Updates
We will update this once more information is known.
- You must hold a Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline
- If you are set to graduate by June 2016, you would also be eligible to apply
Pattern of the Question Paper
- The exam is a pen-and-paper format test
- It will be of 3 hours length in total
- There are essentially 2 papers. The first paper is objective, and is of 140 minutes. It deals with Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. The second paper is subjective, and is of 40 minutes. It will contain an essay-writing question and some facts on General Awareness
- The objective questions each have 5 choices
- The exam does have negative marking – 1/4th of the marks allotted for each question
The thing that makes XAT preparation more challenging is that there is no defined syllabus. However, there has been a pattern that has emerged over the years. The whole paper can be broken down into the following major domains:
The application procedure can be done online or offline. To apply online, please visit http://www.xatonline.net.in/
Over a hundred premier B-Schools in India use the XAT score for their admission process. You can see the full list here .
More than 1 lakh candidates take the test every year.