SSC CGL Tier 1 includes Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness while Tier 2 includes Quantitative Aptitude and English. Since, Tier 1 and Tier 2, both include Quantitative Aptitude, it is very important to prepare it thoroughly and strategize it. So here we are going to discuss the Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Strategy for SSC CGL.
Key points You should follow while Preparing Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CGL
- Focus on Basics: During the initial stage of your preparation, your main focus should be on building a strong base as this is going to benefit you in future.
- Time Management: Proper time allotment to all the sections will help you cover all the topics. You can devote some extra time to the topics which seem difficult to you and can just revise the ones you are master at. And, to save time practice tricks and remember tables, cubes, squares, and square roots.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve Previous Year Question Papers to completely understand the structure and pattern of the question paper.
- Use Short Tricks and Methods: To calculate faster and to increase your speed of calculation try practicing more and more questions. Keep your aim to solve a good number of question in less time. This practice session will surely improve your speed of calculation. Try improving gradually.
- Pre-Planned Structure: You should have a proper timetable for all the sections of question paper same as for Quantitative Aptitude as this section comprises of the calculative question so try to devote at least 2-3 hours every day to this section.
Based on the past few years’ papers (last 3 years at least), it would be safe to say that the following topics cover almost 50% of this section:
These topics fall under the advanced math category and require conceptual clarity and regular practice. Hence, make sure you thoroughly clear your basics on these topics. After a thorough analysis of Previous years SSC CGL question papers, we discovered that questions from topics under Advanced Mathematics are repeated every year. So, it is a good idea to refer to Previous Year SSC CGL Question Papers and solve all the Quant questions.
Strengthen your strong areas so that you can attempt at least 75% of questions. Then start working on building speed and accuracy. Also, diversify the questions you solve in a day. This will keep your mind engaged and will ensure better learning.
In this blog post, we have discussed a proper Strategy through points which should be kept in mind while preparing. Concepts should be clear, time management, preplanning and other things mentioned above will help you prepare this section with utmost ease. Also, you can refer to the link if you would like to take tips on Preparation of English for SSC CGL
If you liked this article and want to know more about our SSC CGL Course then please click on the link given below.
Looking for SSC CGL Exam Coaching?
You have come to the right place! We offer comprehensive online coaching for SSC CGL. We also offer comprehensive study material for these exams which you can access online or get at your doorstep through speed post.Click Here to Know More