Last Updated on Oct 31, 2019
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) is one of the most prestigious among all recruitment exams that Staff Selection Commission conducts every year. Each year, we get hundreds of questions from students asking us for a detailed and effective preparation plan for the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam that will allow complete preparation within 60 days.
Here, in this blog post we will provide you the details about the SSC CGL examination with 60 Days Plan for SSC CGL Tier-1.
A Quick Introduction to the Pattern of SSC CGL Tier-1
Before we dive into the preparation plan, let us spend a few minutes getting familiar with the pattern of the examination.
SSC-CGL Tier 1 consists of four sections: Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and English Comprehension.
The SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam has 100 questions. Each question carries 2 marks for a correct answer, with 0.5 negative marking for each wrong answer. The paper is conducted in online mode.
An Effective 60 Day Plan for SSC CGL Tier-1
- QA: Trigonometry, Number System, Speed, Time & Distance, Algebra
- English: Basics of Grammar, Idioms and Phrases
- GA: Indian Polity, Economics and History
- Reasoning: Input - Output Problems, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Direction Problems
- QA: Co-ordinate Geometry, Mensuration, Percentage, Ratio & Proportions
- English: Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms & Antonyms
- GA: History and Geography
- Reasoning: Non-verbal Series, Syllogism, Clock and Calendar Problems
- QA: Time and Work, Mixtures and Alligation, Data Interpretation
- English: Cloze test, Parajumbles
- GA: Science and Current Affairs
- Reasoning: Logical Puzzles, Analogies
- Revise all topics
- Attempt Mock Test papers
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Derive your own strategy to attempt SSC CGL question paper
Below is a complete guideline which directs you to have a clear vision on how to prepare for SSC CGL Exam just in 60 days
Important Topics in Each Subject
There are many chapters in the study plan for you to study. But during the final weeks, maximum importance should be given to certain topics for revisions. They are listed below:
Quantitative Aptitude: Triangle and it's properties, Trigonometry, Surds and Indices, Quadratic Equations & Quadratic Polynomials, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion
Reasoning: Word Formation & Word Classification, Letter Repeating Series, Embedded Figures, Logical Games, Non- Verbal Series
English: Reading Comprehension, Active - Passive Voice, Prepositions, Tenses, Commonly Confused Words
General Awareness: Indian Constitution, Medieval Indian History, Indian Physical Geography, Indian Political System, National Income
In this blog post we have provided you the 60 days study plan for SSC CGL Tier-1. Also, important topics from each topic are highlighted for your better performance.
If you liked this article and want to know more about our SSC CGL Course then please click on the link given below
Looking for SSC CGL Exam Coaching?
You have come to the right place! We offer comprehensive online coaching for SSC CGL. We also offer comprehensive study material for these exams which you can access online or get at your doorstep through speed post.Click Here to Know More